A crop of Lucerne and chicory on the Hikurangi swamp in Northland.
Consultants who truly listen, custom blends made specifically for your farm or property, products that fit the soil profile, a cartage service that is second to none, and ongoing information and advice you can literally bank on.
Kiwi Fertiliser recognises the big picture. We know that soil fertility is not about selling products the fertiliser companies produce. It is about meeting the exact requirements of each property, or parts of properties.
We listen to you, and create tailor made soil fertility solutions to suit your needs. We work exclusively with soil audits conducted by Perry Agricultural Laboratory, (PAL) of Missouri, and with Kinsey Agricultural Services (KAS) also of Missouri USA.
Our team of talented soil fertility consultants are well educated in their field of expertise, and are all from a rural background, or currently farming themselves. Our recommendations are based on achieving top producing pastures, crops and animals. There is no guessing involved. It is precise and it delivers superior results. The expertise behind our company is considerable.
When you request a no-obligation soil audit, this is how the process works:
1. Your consultant will start by listening to you and finding out exactly what it is you are trying to achieve.
2. Precise soil tests will then be conducted. We work exclusively with Kinsey Agricultural Services of Missouri USA with soil audits conducted by Perry Agricultural Laboratory, also of Missouri. Kinsey Agricultural Services (KAS) specialises in building and maintaining soil fertility for optimum quality and yields. The soils’ needs are determined by a specific set of tests that may differ from other labs, but are based on mimicking the plants ability to extract nutrients from the soil. Any soil test result can be converted to a recommendation, but the most accurate, leading to highly repeatable and excellent results, come from KAS.
3. Based on the results from PAL, your Kiwi Fertiliser consultant then recommends a custom blend of specific mineral and organic materials to suit your property’s requirements. These recommendations are completely obligation free, so you can consider your results and the recommendations we make before deciding if this course of action is right for you.
4. At your go-ahead, we get your custom blend ready and delivered to you. We use highly skilled truck drivers in modern purpose built bulk trucks and trailers, equipped with cross lock differentials and central tyre inflation with great traction for getting into difficult back roads and airstrips. Our drivers are experienced and skilled in both on road and off road driving, guaranteeing we get your fertiliser into your bin, not near it or around it, on time and intact. We work in with ground spreaders and aircraft pilots to ensure on time delivery of fertiliser when weather permits so you are ensured of great service from Bulk Store to farm.
5. We build the cartage content of our delivery into the fertiliser price, which means you only get one account for your fertiliser and cartage cost altogether, making life simpler and easier for you. Our managing Director Ron McLean, has a lifetime of experience in the road transport industry delivering fertiliser and lime to farms and airstrips throughout the North Island of New Zealand, which is why he decided to include cartage as a service from store to farm into our programme.
6. Your consultant continues to provide advice and guidance as needed, working alongside you to solve soil fertility issues, leading to increased pasture production, better drought performance and superior animal health over time.
We have responded to a continuing trend of declining results, particularly with pastures, kiwifruit and avocados, however the work we do is not limited to these crops as our programme works with all crops, trees, vines, and flowers. “The race to the bottom” is a lousy goal. Our goal is to change agriculture in New Zealand for the better. We know how to, and are producing nutrient dense pasture, crops and food fit for consumption by animals and humans. The Albrecht/Kinsey system of soil fertility provides the results to previously unknown answers, we work with great clients who want to join “The race to the top”.
Photos below. 1 A record crop of maize at Ruatoki, 2 Cows grazing the last break of a Galatea Lucerne crop, 3 Grapes grown for cuttings in Manawatu.